Business Express

Business Express

The Business Express (Hub) offers businesses the opportunity to experience an "expressed" way of conducting business with the City of Rocky Mount.

What will I need for my commercial account activation?

  • All Commercial customers must obtain a Certificate of Occupancy (C/O) from Inspections before applying for utilities. Inspections can answer any questions you may have regarding the C/O; you may reach them at 252-972-1110.

  • You may visit us online to request an appointment to meet with a Customer Service Representative. The representative will call you to schedule your appointment and ensure you have all of the necessary documents required to proceed with your application.

  • A valid government issued ID and social security number is also required. You may choose to come into the office or call our Call Center to complete the application process.

Business Express Support Team (B.E.S.T.) Appointment Pre-Screening Form
Business Name:
Owner/Applicant Name:
Check here if you are needing to make application for new service
Check here if the application is for the above address
If not, what is the address of the premise requiring service?
Check if you have completed the Inspections Process. If yes, you will need to bring the following information:
  • Temporary Utility Agreement or Certificate of Occupancy
  • Deposit (Cash, Credit/Debit Card, Check, Surety Bond, Irrevocable Letter of Credit or Money order)
Desired appointment time (a representative will contact you to confirm appointment or offer other available times):
Additional information:
W.A.R.M. - Winter Assistance for Rocky Mount 
Check here if you would like to learn more about the W.A.R.M. Program
Check here if you would like to join our monthly or annual donation program
If so, advise donation frequency and amount:

Please allow 2-3 business days for a response. A representative will contact you regarding your request. You may reach us by email at [email protected]

Security Measure